ZipTip® Pipette Tips
- Single-step desalting,
concentration, and purification
- Fractionate complex samples for more
- Ideal for peptides, proteins, nucleic acids, and more
- No dead volume for maximum recovery
- Eliminates time-consuming chromatography.
ZipTip is a 10 µL pipette tip with a 0.6 or 0.2 µL bed of chromatography media fixed at its end with no dead volume. It is ideal for concentrating and purifying samples for sensitive downstream analyses.
Examples of analyses enhanced by ZipTip sample preparation:
- Mass spectrometry
(high performance liquid chromatography)
- Capillary electrophoresis
- Atomic absorption spectroscopy
The ZipTip pipette tip is simple and easy to use.
- Place the tip on a single- or
multi-channel pipettor, standard 22-gauge blunt-end HPLC needle, or compatible
automated liquid handling/sample preparation station.
- For sample
binding, aspirate and dispense through the media several times.
- Similarly, aspirate and dispense appropriate wash solvent to remove
- The concentrated, purified sample is eluted in 1–4 µL of compatible solvent with direct transfer to a mass spectrometer target, vial, or other analysis step.
For applications requiring smaller elution volumes (e.g.,
<1 µL), a micro-bed format containing 0.2 µL of media is available.
The ZipTip pipette tip provides a reproducible, high-recovery method for concentrating and purifying femtomoles to picomoles of peptides, proteins and oligonucleotides for improved analytical data. To simplify your analysis even further, you can, fractionate complex peptide mixtures by step elution.
MALDI MS spectra of a tryptic peptide digest from an in-gel 2D digest. The top spectra represents a contaminated sample prior to sample clean-up. The lower spectra represents the sample after using a ZipTipC18 prior to MALDI TOF MS analysis.
Choose From 3 Different ZipTip Resins:
|C18 Resin (0.6 µL or 0.2 µL bed volumes)||Oligonucleotides or small (<50 kDa) proteins/peptides in aqueous solution|
|C4 Resin||Proteins or peptides (3 kDa – 100 kDa) in aqueous solution|
|Strong cationic resin (SCX)||Peptides in solution with organic solvents or detergents|