Immobilon Transfer Membranes, Sandwiches, and Blotting Filter Paper
Millipore offers three different Immobilon PVDF membranes,
each optimized for different protein blotting applications. We also now offer
blotting sandwiches that feature pre-cut sheets of membrane and blotting filter
Immobilon membranes provide a number of advantages compared to nitrocellulose. They won’t crack or curl, and they can be cut without fracturing. They also have low background, broad solvent compatibility, and superior staining capabilities. In addition, they can be reprobed multiple times.
- 0.45 µm pore size
- Recommended for most western blotting, especially proteins >20 kDa
- Millipore's Rapid Immunodetection Protocol reduces detection times by up to 2 hours by eliminating membrane blocking and several wash steps with no loss of sensitivity or specificity
- When you need to process multiple blots, blotting sandwiches are a convenient, time-saving choice. Our sandwiches include sheets of Immobilon-P membrane interleaved with pre-cut sheets of chromatography-grade blotting filter paper.
Blotting Filter Paper
- Chromatography-grade blotting filter paper pre-cut to the most popular western blotting sizes.
- 0.2 µm pore size and a large
- Higher protein adsorption and sequencing yields
- Recommended for blotting proteins <20
- Prevents blow-through of low molecular weight proteins
- The first transfer membrane
optimized for fluorescence applications
- Extremely low background
improves sensitivity of all fluorescence detection protocols
- Compatible with all commonly used fluorescent probes at all excitation
and emission wavelengths
- Ideal for multiplexing and chemifluorescence applications
Rapid Immunodetection Protocol with Immobilon-P Membrane
|Step||Standard Immunodetection||Rapid Immunodetection|
|1. Block the membrane||1 h||None|
|2. Incubate with primary antibody||1 h||1 h|
|3. Wash the membrane||3 x 10 min||3 x 5 min|
|4. Incubate with secondary antibody||1 h||30 min|
|5. Wash the membrane||3 x 10 min||3 x 5 min|
|6. Add substrate||5 min||5 min|
|Total time||4 h 5 min||2 h 5 min|
Immobilon-PSQ Membrane Prevents Blow-through
Molecular weight standards (lanes 1, 3, 5, 7) and calf liver lysate (lanes 2, 4, 6, 8) were transferred to Immobilon-P or Immobilon-PSQ membranes. A sheet of Immobilon-PSQ was placed behind the primary membranes to capture proteins that passed through (lanes 5 and 6 behind Immobilon-P; lanes 7 and 8 behind Immobilon-PSQ).
Immobilon-FL Membrane is Optimized for Fluorescence
Actin-tubulin multiplex detection on Immobilon-FL membrane. Rabbit muscle actin (red) was detected using rabbit anti-actin 1oAB and QDot® 655 goat anti-rabbit 2oAB. Porcine brain tubulin (green) was detected using mouse anti-tubulin 1oAB and QDot 565 goat anti-mouse 2oAB. Sensitivities down to 7 ng were observed for both analytes. Data provided by Quantum Dot Corporation.